Thursday, April 13, 2006
The Art Of Perserverance ...

Quite a lot of things happened in the past week.

Stuff like, me applying for my first debit card ( which is not a big event ) , me finding out that one of my wisdom tooth is already out, me being given the permission to stay out, me having to prepare for stocktake, me going on my first official ration collection, me spending my first S$10.80 on DOTA, me NOT having to participate in the dumb ICCT. Ya, stuff like that....

For those who didn't know, applying for a debit card is very problematic. First you have to convert your bank account to signature type, and than realizing that you don't have a constant signature that you are willing to use for the rest of your life. Than comes the part on deciding which of your numerous signature looks the best. Than comes the form filling and never ending flow of queries from your parents whether it is right to sign up for a debit card....

And than there's me finding out that I already have a wisdom tooth. Strangely, I didn't realise that the bugger teeth at the back of my mouth which is so difficult to brush is a wisdom tooth. So I asked one of my bunk mates how many teeth they have on their lower jaws which drew in alot of different answers. One immediately said 36 which makes me wonder what species he is or which planet he comes from. Another shouted 12 after carefully inspecting his lower jaw in the mirror. One more shouted 13, but that's because he had braces in his younger years. After a while, all the guys in the room were busy checking in on their teeth in the mirror, counting how many teeth they have, whether there is any visible decay, and the most disgusting part, competing how much plague they can dig up. I, on the other hand, wasn't doing this for I am looking at what they were individually doing.

Wierd people.

Wierd me.

As for me not having to take ICCT, ( Intermediate Close Combat Training ) it was probably a very happy day for me. After 8 lessons of throwing, break-falling, accidentally kicking into my partner's groin and being plummelled with repeated "what if" scenerios of meeting a thug, I am finally released from that stupid activity. Of course, I will miss the fields, the thorns, the 2 hours where I am not allowed to wear my glasses thus resulting in me looking like a old man, my training partner and most of all my ICCT instructor. For all the times he tries to make the lesson interesting, saying " must do this, than this, NO!! Wrong foot! " , making me look dumb by grabbing my feet and pushing me to the ground. I thank him. BUT! The person who I most appreciate is the guy at S3 Branch ( S3 = training ) who told and specifically highlighted the part of the training directives stating that, only PES A and B COMBAT vocation personnels are needed to take the training. For now, I'm just waiting for Marcus ( the guy from my bunk ) to return from his compassionate leave and him knowing that he still have to go for ICCT when I don't.

ciaoz~

p.s: Rumours has it that those with Wisdom Tooth are suppose to be smarter. But I still find myself inhumanely stupid. Hmmmm.. Maybe one have to grow all 4....


staticidiot wrote on 6:54 PM.